General Dentistry » Crowns
What are Crowns?
- A type of dental restoration used to fix teeth that have been broken, weakened by decay or have a very large filling
- A crown fits over the remaining part of a prepared tooth, making it strong and giving it the shape of a natural tooth
- All private crows are tooth coloured which makes the restoration look natural and fit in with the rest of your teeth
- Crowns can also be used if you have discoloured fillings and would like to improve their appearance
- Root treated teeth may need a crown to protect them from breaking and correct discolouration.
- Crowns are also used to anchor a bridge firmly in place in the mouth.
- Your dentist will firstly prepare the tooth and take an impression or a scan for the Dental Laboratory to construct your crown.
- Using our Intra-Oral scanner, the impression can be taken and transferred to the computer immediately.
- At a later appointment, the crown will be fitted. You will be given a temporary crown so your smile remains unaffected.
Before and After Photos