What we do/can offer:
If you want to reduce the lines on your face without having to resort to surgical procedures, facial rejuvenation techniques can soften wrinkles for a more youthful, natural appearance.
As dental professionals, we have a thorough understanding of the facial anatomy and can perform this delicate work in a precise manner.
- We use the botulinum toxin type A for this treatment, an injectable aesthetic solution.
- Once injected into the skin, the botulinum toxin relaxes the tiny facial muscles, which cause expression lines, by blocking the nerve impulses in them, leaving the skin looking smoother.
- Areas on the face that can be treated include frown lines, eyebrows, 'crow's feet' and forehead lines.
- The botulinum injection is quick and we try to make the process painless
- The process lasts around 10 minutes and does not require anaesthetic.
- Results will usually be seen anywhere from a few days to 2 weeks after treatment, sometimes taking between 10-14 days for the effects to be seen.
The treatment is not permanent, so it is recommended that the procedure is repeated every 3 months.
There is a difference between the botulinum toxin and dermal fillers.
Botulinum Toxin relaxes the muscles, whereas Dermal Fillers fill and plump up lines, wrinkles and grooves to make the skin look more youthful.
Fillers usually consist of sterile hyaluronic acid gels made from non-animal sources. As we age the lips lose their natural volume and can cause the area around your mouth to look tired. This process can sometimes happen prematurely due to factors such as smoking and sun exposure.
The injection of Filler into the lips can help reverse some of these changes as well as restore normal facial proportions.
The injections only take a few minutes and are usually administered after a local anaesthetic has been applied either directly onto the skin or incorporated into the syringe containing the Filler.
The effect of the treatment is visible immediately. Depending on the area treated, skin type and the injection technique, the Filler effect can last between six and 12 months (usually six months for lips). Follow-up treatments will help to maintain the plumped up look over time.Back to Treatments BOOK NOW